Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This girl's got CAKE!


So I'm pretty sure by now that everyone knows that we are going to be parents! The due date is October 25th-I have yet to take pictures of my expanding profile, but once I do, I will post it. If anyone has any good ideas for exciting names that will sound good with our last name, please let us know!
Here's a funny story that I have to share. I drive a couple of my young women home after our activities every week. I love taking them home for two reasons: 1. I love being around them and learning more about them. 2. The conversations we have in the car are hilarious. Here is our conversation from last week....
Christian: "Marielle, I have something to tell you"
Marielle: "Okay..."
Christian: "Ever since you got pregnant, you got cake!"
Marielle: "What do you mean, 'I got cake?'
Christian: "Ya know, junk in the trunk!"
Marielle: "I still don't know what you are telling me!"
Christian: "Girl, you got a ghetto bootie!"
Marielle: "(Outraged) WHAT? A GHETTO BOOTIE! HOW RUDE! I DONT HAVE A GHETTO BOOTIE!"
Christian: "Yes you do. Girl, it's a good thing. Sam is going to want to walk behind you everywhere you go just so he can check out your bootie. He is going to like you so much more now that you got cake!"
Marielle: "Christian, that's not a good thing to have a ghetto bootie."
Christian: "Yes it is! Every girl wants a nice ghetto bootie"
Marielle: "No white girls wants a ghetto bootie. Period!"

So that was our conversation. It actually is pretty funny. These girls tell me exactly what they are thinking. Sam, how do you feel about ghetto bootie? I guess it comes with being pregnant!

3 comments:

bethany said...

Unfortunately I did not acquire my ghetto bootie when I was pregnant, nor did I lose it once Jak was born. :) I've never heard it called cake though-that's hilarious!! Congrats on the baby, I wanted to say something earlier, but you kept not announcing it! I would tell my good names, but I want to keep them in case I ever decide to have more children. You can have Scout now that we've named our dog :) Maybe Mona, Prudence, Raphael, or Fitzwilliam? Just a thought.

Cordell said...

Congratulations (on becoming parents)!

I didn't get my ghetto bootie (boo-tay?) until Katie was in her 3rd trimester.

Now she always wants to walk behind me.

- Cordell Davis (from Sam's Mission)

Sam said...

Cordell! I haven't heard from you in a long time. How in the crap are you doing? And how in the crap did you find this blog? Take care.

Sam